REAL ESTATE ARTICLES
Real Estate in Nevada County, CA
Lake Wildwood, Penn Valley, Grass Valley, Nevada City
THE PERFECT REAL ESTATE FIT
TIPS ON HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT NEIGHBORHOOD FOR YOU
“Location, location, location,” is one of the most commonly used phrases when discussing real estate, but in reality every individual and / or family has their own needs and desires when it comes to finding the right neighborhood to purchase a home. Some people want the fast-paced urban lifestyle while others crave the quiet feel of a small town. With so many options, it can be challenging to find which neighborhood to call home.
A great way to start the search is through online resources such as Coldwell Banker Real Estate’s Lifestyle Search, which allows potential home buyers to rank neighborhood features, such as “Art & Music” or “A+ Schools,” by importance to their lifestyle. The Lifestyle Search will then select areas that fit these criteria. Another helpful resource is On Location, which showcases community videos that can provide a look into different neighborhoods from the comfort of home.
To help consumers navigate the many great neighborhood options available across the U.S., the professionals at Coldwell Banker Grass Roots Realty have provided the following five tips.
1. Assemble a strong team of professionals. This is key no matter what the location. Finding a trusted real estate agent and mortgage professional who can guide and advise throughout the home buying process is critical to having a smooth and successful home buying experience. Also, when it comes to an expert in the local area, a knowledgeable real estate agent is a great guide and can point consumers to resources that will help ease the neighborhood search and get the information to make an educated decision.
2. Spend time exploring the local city or town. Most Americans decide to purchase a home based on a lifestyle change. Whether searching for the first home for a growing family or looking for the perfect retirement neighborhood, find out if the potential town provides the right features. For example, families with young children will want to research safety, school rankings as well as parks and recreation options. If health concerns are an issue, make sure there are doctors and / or hospitals nearby. Explore the area as much as possible to find out which neighborhood will provide the best quality of life.
3. Test out the commute. For most, five out of seven days a week are spent commuting to and from work. Take the time to test out the trip from potential new neighborhoods. Don’t base this on what it’s like to drive out on a quiet Sunday afternoon, make the drive during rush hour. Also, check out the local public transportation to find out the cost and ease of use. These may seem like small details but many people commute as much as 260 days a year which can add up to a significant amount of time. For this reason, many commuters may decide to live closer to work.
4. The restaurant test. This is not a perfect science, but look into local restaurants in each neighborhood. Are there new restaurants opening around town? Are there restaurants that have stood the test of time and remained open for years? These are both good indicators that the city is flourishing and bringing in new startups as well as sustaining local favorites.
5. Look for signs of investment in the community. This can be found by exploring the city. Look for signs of new construction or renovation projects around town which shows that companies are making an investment and building their brand in that town. Additionally, research any future plans for the town, which can be found on local government websites.
6. Create a Pro/Con List. If trying to decide between two or more neighborhoods, sit down and write out the pros and cons for each town based on what is most important to the family. This will help organize the likes and dislikes about each neighborhood and hopefully bring some clarity to what location will be the best fit.
Get a FREE Current Market Analysis of
your home's value. Simply fill out a form and I'll get
back to you with your current home value.
Search Homes For Sale in Nevada County, Lake Wildwood, Penn Valley, Grass Valley and Nevada City, CA